Built in 1807, this now derelict chapel stands high on the hill above Crofty and Penclawdd. Originally painted white, it was an important landmark for ships sailing on the Burry Estuary and today offers spectacular views across the estuary. Legend has it that the chapel was built on this site as a stern reminder to local children who often skipped Sunday prayers and came here to play, instead of attending worship!
Although the chapel has now unfortunately fallen into disrepair, the peaceful atmosphere of the cemetery and the amazing views make it well worth a visit.
Work will start in November 2017 to stabilise, repair and repaint the walls. By the spring, the white walls will once again be visible high above the Burry Estuary.